Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Friday, August 24, 2007

What's next?


I feel a little bit like I'm on a witch hunt lately! In the last 3 weeks, I've had my name used by scammer's twice with a large number of false ads trying to scam people. I've had my photo of Cooper posted multiple times and each time, puppyfind.com removes the ad and the scammer's just post them again. So in a rage of irritation, I posted the above photo with an ad describing that people should be aware of these idiots. Don't send wired money, and if there's a $1500 puppy pictured for $400 with shipping included (a $250 value), don't you think that's a little bit of a clue that something isn't right? What was funny was that within minutes of posting my photo & SCAMMER alert ad, the scam ads with Cooper's photo were removed. The African jerks must watch the website all the time. (You can probably read my frustration between the lines here! LOL)

As if it isn't enough to have people stealing your photos and scamming buyers, I've had 2 Cairn breeder websites directly plagarize my copyrighted text from my website that is all original verbage written by ME. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but just a word to those that may read this. Taking photos or text from a website that clearly states it is copyrighted, and then using the text in your 0wn website without giving recognition to the author is plagarism. The text has to have the author cited, or be original text. I don't mind if someone wants to link to my website stating "more information about..." as I do on my own website. But please don't take information and photos from my website without my permission. In my world that's just being polite but it's also a legal matter.

I don't want to be on a "witch hunt" and have to ask breeders to remove photos and text that they've taken from my website. I don't want to be offended by other breeders when they may or may not have philosophies different from my own. I just want people to be kind, polite, respectful and show compassion towards others. Is this too much in this day and world? I hope not.

No comments: