Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thank you Dr Gail


I've had the pleasure of having a top quality veterinarian, Dr Gail Bushur-Irwin for several years now. She came to Newton, a small country clinic, and brought medical advances and services to our small town. We developed a friendship through our love for horses, dogs, and animals in general. Our conversations frequently start with my comparison of medical knowledge in humans to medical care in my animals "So Dr Gail, in humans we do this.....can I do this for my dogs!?" Dr Gail frequently humored me with in-depth educational responses to my questions, and fulfilled my hunger for knowledge!


I'm happy for Dr Gail, but sad to announce she is leaving our local Newton clinic at the end of August. I've had the luxury of being 2 miles from immediate emergency care and I truly appreciate the care and support that she has provided to my animals. She's received more than one tearful phone call with an "I need help" plea and she's always been a supportive friend willing to listen. She was willing to give me Dr's orders and allow me to practice my nursing knowledge and skills on my dogs and puppies, whom I love so dearly. Not many breeders have the luxury of such perfect teamwork with their veterinarian.


The good news is Dr Gail has accepted a position at Effingham, IL which is about 30 min from me, so it will still be possible to receive her care. I hope that she enjoys her next adventure. From the bottom of my heart Gail, I appreciate everything you do for us! Here's a big thank you from "all the Dow's"!

Love Ya!

Horses- Emma, Makina, Kiah, baby Mahala, Jazzy, baby Chase, and Dolly the Donkey!

Rex- the tortoise

Riley- the cat

Cairns- Keagan, Bridget, Thea, Cooper, Maggie, Chloe, Camille, Carmie, Ella, Gracie, Bentley, Libby, Rainey, Miyah, Bailie, Lanie, and Maisie!


No comments: