Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Nigerian Scammers Update

I have just been forwarded the emails from the Nigerian scammer that is using my name, and posing as a valid seller. Thankfully the buyer saw my warning on my website!

Here's the initial reply to the buyer's inquiry about the puppy advertised on puppyfind.com.

"Dear ,
Calvary greeting to you. Regarding to your mail, i quite apreciate your interest in adolpting my little baby. I have actually been looking for a caring parent to adopt my baby. I have prayed fervently about it and I believe the lord has answered my prayer. I believe you are a God fearing person? She's a loving pet that love to play with kids, she's akc registered, recently dewormed and had all their shot up to date. The puppy is still very much available and she's here with me in West Africa, because i was posted to West Africa countries by the united state christain organisation for (Worldwide Missionary Outreach) to preach for the world. I want you to know that am not happy to give my lovely PUPPY , but i have to do these because of the weather here is harsh, am not only selling her but giving it out for someone that will take good care of the puppy for me. If you know that you are interested in adopting the puppy, send me your name,your delivery address,phone number including nearest airport and more also i will shipping her through Express Pets Delivery on next day delivery which i use in bringing her down here on next day delivery. Exactly why i am giving the puppy to you for adoption,you will be responsible for her shippment to you,which is 350 usd adoption fee ,shipping and other travelling document to avoid any delay at the airport. l feed her with Nutro's, and Eukanuba. I will like her to stay with a lovely family that will take good care of the puppy for me. kindly make sure you take along your id card to the airport when the puppy land at your nearest airport after your payment is been confirmed at the shipping desk..


Thanks

Rev Harmony Antonio"

You will notice the poor english and writing, and the fact that the word "PUPPY" has been inserted in a form type of email. They probably sell various items. I frequently get inquiries for my puppies that say "I would like to know the condition of and final price for your PUPPY" as if the word Puppy was inserted. Who in their right mind asks about the condition of and final price for a puppy? Again, NEVER wire money for merchandise or a puppy. I never respond to inquiries worded in this manner.

Spread the word, tell friends and family members about the Nigerian Scammers. If a breeder doesn't have an established website, visit in person or shop elsewhere. It isn't worth the risk.

No comments: