Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Miyah update


I've had families ask about "The Little Puppy" and thought I'd post an update. Camille has a little female that had a very close call. At 4 1/2 wks, she suddenly became lethargic and had what we believe was hypoglycemic seizures. She spent a couple days with Dr Gail and we tested for a liver shunt, coccidia, round worms, etc and everything was normal and negative. Since she responded immediately to feeding, we attributed the attack to simple hypoglycemia. She has not grown much since then, but is doing quite well. At almost 8wks of age, she is only 1.1lbs and runs around with all the "big kids" as if she's just as big. Her tail goes 100 miles/min and she seems like a normal puppy! We will keep her and see how she grows and matures. We've named her Miyah and the kids and I are getting attached. I may have yet another that I can't give up and she'll have to be my little pocket puppy!

No comments: