Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Libby's female Cairn Terrier puppy


I've been busy with one of Libby's little girls. She slowly lagged behind in growth and has been similar to a failure to thrive infant. She sucks well, latches on, and is active. But she is remarkably smaller now at 2 1/2wks of age. I started supplementing her intially and am now fully syringe feeding her in order to monitor her intake. I've added a high calorie supplement to her formula and put her on antibiotics. I'll continue to monitor her growth. I took this photo with my chin! It's not in focus, but shows how tiny and sweet she is. She's about 1/3 the size of her siblings, who are very small Cairn Terrier puppies. My scale isn't very accurate but I believe she's about 2 oz. She takes her milk and still acts hungry so I let her suck my finger until she seems satisfied. It's so hard not to get attached when they are so tiny and innocent.

No comments: