Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Testimonial Email

I wanted to share an email I received from a sweet customer that waited for a litter from Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers. When a puppy didn't come available, I recommended my friend Tami at Breezyhollow Farm and she was able to get a male Cairn from her. Most of Tami's lines are either similar or came from Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

"Good morning ladies...I have a story that I wanted to share with you. The other night I was in a little local pet store near my home. As always I was drawn toward the puppies just to see what they had. They were all so cute and I notice this one little guy and only when I looked at the tag on the cage did I realize he was a Cairn! I was very surprised for 2 reasons, first I NEVER see Cairns in pet stores around here and secondly and more disturbing he really didn't look like a cairn. Now I am in no way any kind of expert but at 17 weeks old this puppy was almost twice the size of my Reilly at 4 1/2 months, his snout was much longer and both of his ears were totally flopped and showed no signs that they were going to stand up any time soon. His coloring was Cairn-like but if I had to guess I would say he had Schnauzer in him; at least that's what his face looked like to me. It made me very sad to think that this little guy could have very likely started out as a puppy mill puppy.Well the reason I am telling you this is because seeing him (priced at$1200) makes me really appreciate you guys and how much care you take as breeders. Thank you! My Reilly is perfect, stubborn but perfect (at least to me he is)
Micky"

The sad thing is, that this puppy either came from a bad breeder or puppy mill because it ended up in a pet store. The quality is evident and apparently you don't always get what you pay for. It's probably the quality of a $400 puppy but they are asking $1200. Our lines at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers have some of the top show names in the pedigrees and several were $1200-1500 puppies. We maintain a price range that we attempt to cover costs with, but make it affordable to families. Our current pricing is $800-850 for pet puppies.

No comments: