Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feedback Wanted

I get a lot of feedback from the public that my website is a wealth of information. For others, I have to refer them back to the site for information they missed or they didn't read. I purchased educational folders from AKC, for puppy owner's. Some of the information is great, and other information that I feel is important is either vague or missing. I'm trying to decide, if I load up a folder with great puppy information, breed specific information, and training, would families really read it? Or is it something that people take home and never refer to again? Because this is an added cost to me, I would like to get some feedback. Here is a list of items included:

  • Why Register with AKC
  • Canine Good Citizen Program
  • Should I breed my dog? - explains the difference between "pure-bred" and "Well-bred" is the product of responsible breeders
  • Keeping Your Dog Fit & Trim
  • Canine Travel Tips
  • List of Dangerous Food/products
  • Tips on basic care for your dog
  • In case of emergency
  • AKC Events in a brief packet
  • Puppy Owner Checklist

I also found a DVD with initial training information produced by Midwest, that shows initial crate training and obedience training with your puppy. I found this helpful since owners have a few weeks with their puppy before starting obedience classes.

The feedback that I want to hear: Although I review much of the information verbally upon a puppy going home, would informational packets be helpful? If you've already bought a puppy from us at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers, is there anything that you wish you had upon taking your puppy home? What can I do to improve or assist in a smooth transition of bringing a puppy into your home? Email me at crookedcreekcairns@verizon.net THANKS!!!

No comments: