Our Cairn Blog

You'll find helpful information about the Cairn Terrier breed, breeders, care and training, and current happenings at Crooked Creek Cairn Terriers.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Cooper


Thank you for the concern to those who noticed our Cooper was not listed as a breeding sire. He is fine, and will stay with us another month or so. We decided to sell him to our friend Tami, and he will become her main sire in her breeding program. It was a really difficult decision on my part. But I want to maintain a smaller number of total dogs, and will need a Norwich male. Since Cooper was closely related to most of my next generation I had to make the logical decision to let him go, setting aside my emotions. I had kept him to show, but decided not to go that route right now. I was then so attached, I didn't want to give him up. His personality is adorable, he's show quality and is a gorgeous Cairn! He will make a great contribution to the genetics of Tami's breeding program.



No comments: